Follow SimplySheStamps

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Three-Color Cards from Tuesday Night Stampin' Club


Choose your three favorite colors.   Gather ink pads, stamps, greetings, and white cardstock.  Thick Whisper White cardstock is great for non-layered cards. Cut a full sheet of white cardstock in half and score to make a card and just stamp directly on the front. Otherwise cut a whisper white layer at 3-3/4" x 5" and use Dimensionals to attach to card base for added dimension as shown to the right.


Here are some other tips for cutting your white cardstock ahead of time so you can make simple cards quickly when you need them.

Cut a sheet of Whisper White cardstock along the 11" side three times at 2-3/4" so you end up with 4 strips.  You can use those strips as is to stamp images/greetings and punch out.  Or cut at 3-3/4" to create a smaller "canvas" to attach to a colored cardstock base as seen in the card below.


Typically when I use ribbon on a card and I wrap it around, I'll cut the colored cardstock base to be 4-1/4"x 11".  Now on the cards below we stamp on a larger "canvas" using a 4-1/4" x 3-1/2" Whisper White layer.  I chose to not tie a bow with the ribbon since I'll be sending these in the mail, so I just adhered strips of ribbon to the back of the white layer and attached with dimensional (or glue dots) to the card base.

For the pale yellow roses above, I inked up with So Saffron and "stamped-off" before I stamped the image on the Whisper White CS.  Then used the full-strength to stamp the stamen of the rose.  I really do love the bold greeting from Seriously the Best set.  And which do you prefer?  The thanks in Memento Black from the top card or Basic Gray on the bottom card?

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment